- 1809: Dartmoor Prison opened in Princetown, Devon, high on the moors to house French prisoners of war captured during the Napoleonic Wars with France.
- 1844: Samuel Morse, and American painter & inventor tapped out “What hath God wrought” in the world’s first single-wire telegraph message from Washington, D.C. to Baltimore. He was also a co-developer of the Morse Code.
- 1862: Westminster Bridge over the River Thames (linking Westminster to the west and Lambeth to the east) opened in London.
- 1930: Amy Johnson became the first woman to fly solo from England to Australia. She died aged just 37 following a flight crash & bail out into the Thames River, her body was never recovered.
- 1968: Mick Jagger & Marianne Faithfull were arrested in their Chelsea home for marijuana possession. The arrest occurred on the same day that their single “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” was released in the UK.
- 1989: The film “Indiana Jones & Last Crusade” which directed by Stephen Spielberg and produced by George Lucas premiered in North America.
and last but not least,
- 1899: The first auto repair shop opened in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
Talking of cars, did you know we can make almost any box that you require?
BOXES 2 GO !